Download HyperSnap for Windows
by Adelina Daliu
on Apr 27, 2012
Free to try
Hyperionics Technology, LLC
The software comes with essential command tabs, such as File, Capture, Edit, Imagine, Textsnap, Setup and last but not least Help, that brings information if needed when the user does not understand exactly how the application works. The capture command tab comes with different types of captures, namely Windows, Active Windows, Full Screen-take a snapshot for the whole desktop- Region, Pan Region, Repeat-capture the last area as before- and others.The Lock last capture button comes with the possibility to lock the previous capture to be always used for “Repeat last capture command”.
When it comes to editing, HyperSnap offers classic features; Edit and Drawing tools are the most important.The Drawing tools helps the user modify parts of the capture that do not appeal that much, he can also add text, draw a callout, highlight and even use the Air bush for painting.One may also personalize the capture, bring certain changes like cropping, cutting, rotating and why not use the effects that are provided by the software:Shadow, Shear, Mosaic, Emboss, Sharp/Blur, Shadow or Frame. As a final step in personalizing the capture, one can create, edit or delete stamps.
Pros & Cons
- Not expensive
- Comes with answers to frequent questions
- Features kind of old-fashioned
- New user interface, using Ribbon instead of menu and toolbars.However you can still switch to the old menu/toolbars interface if you want.We recommend that you give try to the new UI though, as some features are not available or more difficult to access with the old interface.
- Big enhancements to HyperSnap drawing editor - all shapes drawn are now kept as separate objects.You may select them at any time, move, modify, delete.You may also imprint them permanently on the image at any time.
- New shapes in drawing editor - different types of callouts, arc, opened and closed polylines.When needed, you may switch to "draw directly on image" mode.This could be useful e.g. to edit small icons, where each pixel counts, while for bigger images we recommend the new shape drawing mode.
- New native HyperSnap file format .dhs - preserves the drawn shapes as separate objects for later editing.
- Support for opacity (alpha channel) - any part of an image can be made completely or partially transparent.
- A much enhanced color picker on the Ribbon "Edit" tab - select colors from standard palette, define up to 8 user colors, switch between using the foreground/line color or background/fill color, pick color form anywhere on the screen, set RGB or HSL color codes with sliders or by typing values, displays and offers a quick copy of HTML color code like #E6C01A, "pin" colors to use the same colors in all editied images or have separate selections for each image and more.
- Optional thumbnail list showing small previews of all images captured or opened in HyperSnap window.Click on thumbnails to switch the big window to that image.Select multiple images in Thumbnails View window, then right click to apply group operations on selected images, e.g. resize them, print, save to one multi-page file (TIFF or PDF) or to separate image files in one operation.
- Save images to PDF files.Can also open PDF files created with HyperSnap 7, but not other PDFs.
- Region capture enhancements - select unrestrained or pre-defined aspect ratio of captured region (e.g. 4:3, 16:9 or user defined), select a pre-defined fixed size of captured region, e.g. 640x480 pixels, and move it around the screen.
- Support for FireFox 4 and newer with FireFox add-on to capture entire pages etc.
- Many more smaller enhancements.
Any computer running Windows XP, 2003 Server, Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 (including R2) or newer, 32 bit and 64 bit releases.100 MB of free disk space is needed to install the program (about 25 MB is actually used after the installation finishes).
- Orbit Downloader (Download Managers)
- FreshDownload (Download Managers)
- jDownloader (Download Managers)
- Download Accelerat... (Download Managers)
- GetGo Download Man... (Download Managers)
- TweetDeck(5 stars)
- Mindjet MindManager ...(5 stars)
- Cobian Backup Boletu...(5 stars)
- My stuff Deluxe(5 stars)
- Download Accelerator...(5 stars)
Help us improve our suggestions. Recommend us similar programs.