Download Acronis® True Image Home™ 2012 for Windows
by Irina Craciun
on Apr 27, 2012
Free to try
Each important feature of the program, namely the Backup and recovery, the Synchronization and the Tools and utilities, are separated in tabs on a user friendly interface that has a lovely design. It integrates also a Get Started tab, where you can find hints about how to use the program. In order to keep secure the information from your PC, the latest version of Acronis True Image offers you efficient backup possibilities; you can create file backups and partition images, you can store data in an Acronis cloud that has a storage capacity of 250 GB and you can also synchronize folders with other local folders or computers in your network.
When you choose to create a disk partition, it pops out a configuration window from where you can configure the disks for partitions, the destination, the name and the method of the backup. The other types of backup have the same process, meaning that when you choose to create files backup or email backup, it appears for each one of them a configuration window. The program uses by default the incremental method, but you can change it from the options menu; you can also set up a scheduler, an encryption method, a compression mode and the notifications. The Nonstop type of backup allows you to recover any type of data, starting from small files and ending with entire disks. No matter what kind of backup you choose to create, you have the possibility to save them on a local or external drive, on another computer in your network and even on CDs, DVDs or USB sticks. You can sync data from your computer with other computers with a local drive or using the Online Acronis Storage cloud, but first you need to create a personal account and sign in.
The 2012 version of Acronis True Image Home integrates lots of other useful tools for backup, for your system protection and for disk management, such as a system cleaner, a file shredder, a startup recovery manager and many others. Enabling the Try&Decide tool allows you to do unsafe operations in a safe mode. You can also import and export backup settings, add new partitions on your drive and copy partitions from one disk to another. Though it is a full featured program, using it is easy and intuitively because the interface displays the features in an organized way.
Pros & Cons
- Backup, recover and synchronize data.
- Connect with SMTP server.
- 250 GB online storage capacity.
- Full, incremental and differential backup.
- - Backup encryption.
- We didn't find any.
Minimum system requirements
- Pentium Processor 1 GHz or faster
- 512 MB RAM
- CD-RW/DVD-RW drive for bootable media creation
- Using Acronis Nonstop Backup requires at least 1 GB RAM
- Mouse or other pointing device (recommended)
- High speed internet connection (for use with Acronis True Image Online)
Supported file systems
- Linux SWAP
Supported storage media
- Hard Disk Drives
- Networked Storage Devices
- FTP servers
- CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, BD-R
- ZIP®, Jaz® and other removable media
- PATA (IDE), SATA, SCSI, SAS, IEEE1394 (Firewire), USB1/2.0/3.0 drives
- Windows Dynamic Disks and GPT volumes support available with Plus Pack add-on.
- Orbit Downloader (Download Managers)
- FreshDownload (Download Managers)
- jDownloader (Download Managers)
- Download Accelerat... (Download Managers)
- GetGo Download Man... (Download Managers)
- TweetDeck(5 stars)
- Mindjet MindManager ...(5 stars)
- Cobian Backup Boletu...(5 stars)
- My stuff Deluxe(5 stars)
- Download Accelerator...(5 stars)
Help us improve our suggestions. Recommend us similar programs.