Download Cobian Backup 10.1.1 Boletus for Windows
by Irina Craciun
on Apr 27, 2012
The installation process it’s not complicated and requires few steps; first you have to choose the mode in which you want to run the program, namely as an application or as a service under a LocalSystem account or under an already existent account. Then the steps that follow are simple. Once installed, Cobain Backup hides in your system tray, from where you can open the graphical user interface. The interface is useful and user friendly; it allows you to easily create backups, it displays a nice animated toolbar that gives you a faster access to important features, a MainList panel, from where you can select one of your saved backup tasks, and a properties panel that shows you details about a certain tasks. The menus are separated in tabs. From the Task menu you can run a selected item or all items and add, clone, delete or edit a task. The Tools menu integrates several useful tools that allows you to do interesting tricks, such as a translator that you can use to translate the program (the interface and the engine) to your language, a deleter that gives you the possibility to delete files in the backup that are not handled by your Windows Explorer, a password encoder and a remote client. More advanced users can use the command line interface.
You can enable more interesting features and redo the program’s setup from the Options wizard. For example, you can connect the program to your email client, which has to use a SMTP server, in order to receive the log files on email, you can protect the program by setting an authentication password, customize the interface and the way in which the program functions, choose the type of the compression, namely Zip or 7Zip, and many others.
Even if is a complex backup client, Cobain Backup runs smoothly and also silently in the background, using few of your system’s resources.
Pros & Cons
- GUI and CLI interface.
- Many useful tools.
- Can access the program remotely
- We didn't find any.
- Support for Volume Shadow Copy even in 64bit systems Absolute paths can now be created even with uncompressed backups
- The user interface doesn't ask for privilege elevation anymore on Vista or 7
- Simple masks can now be applied to FTP sources
- The timer schedule can now be limited in time
- The main application waits now for any mail to be send before closing
- The log file can now be send per task
- The log file level is now more granular
- The log file can now be splitted, one file per day
- The service and application control executes now depending on the UAC settings
- Fixed a bug when executing batch files with parameters
- The inclusion/exclusion masks way of work has been re-designed
- The backup now can be aborted if some event fails
- A post backup event can now be aborted if a pre-backup event failed
- Mirror tasks can now be created for uncompressed backups
- The type of the backup can now be included in the directory name
- The tray icon signalizes now if there are errors in the last backup
- Better mask support
- The speed of the backup has been increased about 200%
- Orbit Downloader (Download Managers)
- FreshDownload (Download Managers)
- jDownloader (Download Managers)
- Download Accelerat... (Download Managers)
- GetGo Download Man... (Download Managers)
- TweetDeck(5 stars)
- Mindjet MindManager ...(5 stars)
- Cobian Backup Boletu...(5 stars)
- My stuff Deluxe(5 stars)
- Download Accelerator...(5 stars)
Help us improve our suggestions. Recommend us similar programs.